Generally speaking, to rent a car with Hertz the driver must be at least 25 years old, hold a valid credit card in their own name and a full clean driving licence for at least 1 year prior to the date of collection.
Yes, if you are under 25 years of age, you will have to pay a surcharge in order to rent the car.
This policy can vary from country to country.
In order to establish your relevant terms and conditions specific to your rental, please follow the below instructions:
- Click on the link https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/location
- Enter your pickup location and press "Find Locations";
- Click on "More Location Details" under the location name and details;
- Scroll the page down and click on "Qualifications & Requirements";
- Select "Age Restrictions and Exceptions" in the drop down menu that will pop up.
|What is the minimum age for car rental?|
The minimun age for car rental is in general 25, younger drivers have to pay a surcharge.
|When will the Young Driver Surcharge be charged to your customer? |
The YDS will be charged between the age of 21 and 25.
|Where can you find information regarding age restrictions?|
In the rental term and conditions of the preferred location.